Friday, June 5, 2015

Schizophrenic teen, age 15, bludgeons his mother to death with a sledgehammer. A couple years later he decides he wants to talk to the media in order to be free again...


Dr. Phil
March 22nd, 2015

This interview pains me, deeply, because my brother acquired schizophrenia when he was 16 years old and his particular way of speaking and not feeling anything, and laughing at innappropriate moments, mirrored this guy's symptoms. It's a steady, slow deteriorating of the mind until you have a person who is no longer living in reality but in a half-reality at all times.

The hatred toward the mother is something a lot of schizophrenics experience. I don't know why but they always target the ones closest to them within the family. I still hurt when thinking about my brother (he died in 2002) having a condition he couldn't control.

I think Dr. Phil isn't a real therapist, that he asks a lot of his questions for ratings and emotional impact, but it's still a fascinating interview considering the guest.

No comments :

Post a Comment